If you own a Lexmark printer, you might have encountered the spooler issue at some point. This issue can prevent you from printing any documents and cause a lot of frustration. But what is the spooler and why does it cause problems? In this blog, we will explain what the spooler is, what causes the issue, and how to fix it.
What is the Spooler and Why is it Important?
The spooler is a software component that manages the communication between your computer and your printer. It receives the data from your computer, converts it into a format that your printer can understand, and sends it to the printer. The spooler also creates a queue of print jobs, so that you can print multiple documents without waiting for each one to finish.
The spooler is essential for printing because it allows your computer to perform other tasks while the printer is working. It also prevents errors and conflicts that might occur if your computer sends data directly to the printer. Without the spooler, your printer will not be able to print anything.
What Causes the Lexmark Printer Spooler Issue?
The Lexmark Printer spooler issue occurs when the spooler fails to function properly. This can happen due to various reasons, such as:
- Corrupted or outdated printer driver: The driver is the software that controls your printer and communicates with the spooler. If the driver has any bugs or issues, it can interfere with the spooler and cause it to malfunction.
- Corrupted or incomplete print jobs: Sometimes, the print jobs that are sent to the spooler might be corrupted or incomplete due to power failures, network issues, or other factors. These print jobs can clog up the spooler queue and prevent it from processing new ones.
- Malware or virus infection: Malware or viruses can also infect your computer and damage the spooler or its files. This can make the spooler unable to run or perform its tasks.
When the Lexmark Printer spooler issue occurs, you will see an error message on your computer screen or on your printer display. You will also notice that all your print jobs are stuck in the spooler queue and you cannot print anything.
How to Fix the Lexmark Printer Spooler Issue?
Fortunately, there are some simple and effective solutions that can help you fix the Lexmark Printer spooler issue. Here are some steps that you can follow:
Restart the Spooler Service
One of the easiest and most effective solutions for fixing Lexmark Printer spooler issue is to restart the spooler service. Restarting the service will clear the spooler queue and refresh its settings. To restart the spooler service, follow these steps:
- Go to the Windows Start menu and type
services.mscin the search box.
- Locate Print Spooler service in the list and right-click on it.
- Choose the ‘Restart’ option.
- Wait for a few seconds until the service restarts.
This should fix most of the Lexmark Printer spooler issues. However, if you still face problems, try the next solution.
Update Your Printer Driver
Another way to fix Lexmark Printer spooler issue is to update your printer driver. Updating your driver will ensure that your printer has the latest features and fixes for any bugs or issues. To update your driver, follow these steps:
- Go to [Lexmark’s official website] and download the latest version of the driver suited for your printer model.
- Run the driver setup file and follow all the on-screen instructions to install it.
- Restart your computer and your printer.
This should update your driver and resolve any compatibility issues with the spooler. However, if you still face problems, try the next solution.
Delete The Print Jobs From The Spooler Queue
If there are any corrupted or incomplete print jobs stuck in the spooler queue, they can cause the spooler to stop working. To remove them from the queue, follow these steps:
- Open Service Control Manager window (via
- Locate Print Spooler service and right-click on it.
- Choose ‘Stop’ option and then go to C:/Windows/System32/spool/printers folder.
- Delete all files inside this folder and then restart Print Spooler service again.
This should clear all print jobs from queue and allow new ones to be processed by spooler. However, if you still face problems, try next solution.
Re-install Your Lexmark Printer
Some users have also fixed Lexmark Printer spooler issue by re-installing their printer. Re-installing your printer will reset all its settings and configurations and eliminate any errors or conflicts. To re-install your printer, follow these steps:
- Uninstall your printer via Device Manager window. To do this, go to Windows Start menu and type
device managerin the search box. Then, locate your printer under Printers category and right-click on it. Choose ‘Uninstall device’ option and confirm your action.
- Run Lexmark printer driver setup file and follow all the on-screen instructions to re-install your printer.
- Restart your computer and your printer.
This should re-install your printer and fix any issues with the spooler. However, if you still face problems, contact Lexmark Printer Support or take your printer to a professional for further troubleshooting.
We hope that this blog has helped you understand what the Lexmark Printer spooler issue is and how to fix it. By following the steps mentioned above, you should be able to resolve most of the spooler issues and enjoy printing without any hassle. If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to leave a comment below. Happy printing