The Canon PIXMA TR8520 is a multifunctional inkjet printer that can print, scan, copy, and fax documents and photos in color. It has a wireless network interface that allows you to connect it to your Wi-Fi network and print from your computer or mobile devices. It also has a high-resolution print quality of up to 4800 x 1200 dpi and a fast print speed of up to 15 ppm for black and 10 ppm for color. In this blog, I will show you how to set up your Canon PIXMA TR8520 printer for wireless printing in a few simple steps.
What You Need to Set Up Your Canon PIXMA TR8520 Printer for Wireless Printing?
Before you set up your Canon PIXMA TR8520 printer for wireless printing, you need to have the following items:
- A power source of 100-240 V AC 50/60 Hz
- A wireless router or access point
- A computer or mobile device with a web browser
- The latest driver and software for your printer from Canon printer support
How to Set Up Your Canon PIXMA TR8520 Printer for Wireless Printing?
To set up your Canon PIXMA TR8520 printer for wireless printing, you need to follow these steps:
Step 1: Unpack and Turn On Your Printer
- Take your printer out of the box and remove all the packing materials.
- Open the ink tank cover and insert the four ink bottles into the corresponding slots. Make sure that the ink colors match the labels on the slots.
- Close the ink tank cover and plug in the power cord.
- Press the power button to turn on your printer.
- Wait for the printer to initialize and fill the ink tubes. This may take about 15 minutes.
Step 2: Connect Your Printer to Your Network
You can connect your printer to your network either by using the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) method or by using the WLAN Setup Wizard method.
Option 1: Connect Your Printer to Your Network Using the WPS Method
- Make sure that your router has a WPS button and supports WPS.
- Press and hold the WPS button on your router for about 5 seconds.
- Within 2 minutes, press and hold the Wi-Fi button on your printer for about 3 seconds.
- Wait for the Wi-Fi indicator on your printer to flash blue and then remain lit. This means that the connection is successful.
Option 2: Connect Your Printer to Your Network Using the WLAN Setup Wizard Method
- Press the Menu button on your printer and select Network Settings.
- Select WLAN Setup Wizard and press OK.
- Select your wireless network name (SSID) and press OK.
- Enter your wireless network password (if any) and press OK.
- Wait for the Wi-Fi indicator on your printer to light up. This means that the connection is successful.
Step 3: Install the Driver and Software on Your Computer or Mobile Device
- On your computer or mobile device and enter your printer model in the search box.
- Select your operating system and download the latest driver and software for your printer.
- Run the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install them on your computer or mobile device.
- When prompted, select Wireless Network as the connection type and complete the installation.
How to Use Your Canon PIXMA TR8520 Printer for Wireless Printing?
After you have set up your Canon PIXMA TR8520 printer for wireless printing, you can start using it to print documents and photos from your computer or mobile devices. Here are some tips on how to use your printer:
- To print from your computer, make sure that you have selected Canon PIXMA TR8520 as the printer in your application settings. You can also use Canon IJ Network Tool or Canon IJ Scan Utility software to manage your printer settings and functions.
- To print from your mobile devices, make sure that they are connected to the same network as your printer. You can also use Canon PRINT app, AirPrint, Mopria Print Service, or Google Cloud Print apps to print from your mobile devices.
The Canon PIXMA TR8520 is a versatile inkjet printer that can help you with various tasks. It is easy to set up and use, and it offers high-quality prints and scans. I hope this blog has helped you set up your Canon PIXMA TR8520 printer for wireless printing. If you have any questions or feedback, please leave a comment below.